Saturday, October 20, 2012
Swiftlet's Nest Soup
- 2 ounces of Bird’s nest
- 6 tablespoons of crushed rock sugar
- 2 cups of water
1 small Ginsengs
3-5 Cordyceps sinensis
1 Luo Han Guo
1. Soak the swiftlet’s nest overnight until it softens.
2. Pick the loose feathers and dirt found in the nest and rinse well.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil and simmer the swiftlet's nests for about 5 minutes.
4. Again rinse well and squeeze dry.
5. Place the swiftlet's nest in the pot and add 2 cups of water.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer until the swiftlet's nest are quite soft.
7. Add the rock sugar, stirring to dissolve.
8. Add the optional ingredients.
9. Cook for 2.5 hours with small heat.
10. After it cooked, let it cool for 5-10 mins.